When it comes to providing quick and healthy meals for you and your family that does not sabotage your hard earned efforts in the gym, planning ahead is a big help. With school just around the corner, I know you’re probably extremely busy, so here are five quick and easy Paleo inspired breakfast options to help you keep lose weight and keep your family happy!
Chocolate Chia Cherry Protein Shake
1 cup frozen pitted cherries
1½ cup almond milk
1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 scoop Chocolate Protein
1 tablespoon honey (if you prefer sweeter)
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Pesto Chicken and Sweet Potato Bake
4 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
½ yellow onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
3 tablespoons homemade pesto
10 eggs, whisked
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Toss sweet potatoes in 2 tablespoons of coconut or olive oil. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until soft then turn oven temperature down to 350 degrees.
3. Place a large sauté pan over medium heat, add 2 more tablespoons of coconut or olive oil along with onion and garlic. Cook until onions become translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. Add chicken and cook for about 10 minutes, then lastly add pesto and mix well until combine.
5. Grease an 8×8 baking dish, add the mixture from the pan to the baking dish then add in eggs along with the sweet potatoes. Mix well until combine.
6. Place in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, until eggs are set in the middle and cooked through. Serves 4
Simple Protein Pancakes
2 bananas, mashed
2 eggs, whisked
½ cup vanilla protein powder
coconut oil to grease the pan
1. Mix together bananas, eggs, and protein powder until well combined.
2. Place a pan over medium heat. Grease the pan with a bit of oil. Once pan is hot, add a large spoonful of the pancake mixture to the pan, about 3-5 inches wide.
3. Once the pancakes begin to bubble, flip them. Cook for about 1 minute each side, depending how hot the pan is.
4. Regrease the pan, as needed.
5. Top with fresh blueberries or strawberries and enjoy!
Banana-Nut Paleo Pancakes
2 heaping tablespoons chunky almond butter
4 eggs or 6-8 egg whites
Dark chocolate chips, optional
1. Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl.
2. Combine the bananas with 2 heaping scoops of chunky almond butter (any nut butter) and blend with eggs in the bowl.
3. Mix well and scoop a quarter of a cup of the mixture on to a hot griddle or flat pan over medium heat. Wait for bubbles to appear then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
4. Top each pancake with a sprinkle of dark chocolate chips or fresh fruit.
Paleo Breakfast Burrito
4 eggs, whites and yolks separated
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 to 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
1/4 cup canned diced green chiles
1 red pepper, cut into strips
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
1/2 cup cooked chicken breast shredded
1 avocado, cut into wedges or small chunks
Hot sauce or salsa on the side
1. Whisk the egg whites
2. Warm a lightly oiled 10-inch skillet. Pour half of the egg whites in the pan, swirling the pan around so the whites spread thinly and evenly. After about 30 seconds, put a lid on the pan and cook 1 minute more. Use a rubber spatula to loosen and slide the egg white “tortilla” onto a plate. Repeat once more with the remaining egg whites.
3. In the same pan, sauté onions with oil for one minute then add tomato, green chiles, red pepper, cilantro, and chicken.
4. Whisk egg yolks and pour into the pan, mixing into a scramble with the other ingredients.
5. Add avocado at the very end, and then spoon half of filling onto each egg white. Roll the egg whites up into burritos and serve with hot sauce or salsa.
Chocolate Green Smoothie
2 cups fresh chopped baby kale
¾ c almond milk
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
½ Tablespoon Cocoa
1 Tablespoon of peanut butter
½ frozen banana
1 handful ice
1. Blend kale with almond milk in a blender until combined.
2. Add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into glass and enjoy!!
Fresh Fruit and Chia Seed Pudding
3 tablespoons white or black chia seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 sprinkle ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons honey (optional)
3/4 cup low-sugar colorful fruit, such as raspberries, blueberries, kiwi, or kumquat
In a cereal bowl, stir together chia seeds, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and honey. Let sit for 15 minutes or refrigerate overnight, and chia seeds will expand, soften, and absorb liquid. Layer chia tapioca in a tall glass with fruit.
For over 40 recipes check out my Paleo E-Book