Lately I have been obsessed with power bowls!! This Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Power Bowl with black beans and quinoa is simple to make and is YUMMY!!! A bowl full of plant protein, whole grains, and plenty of flavor! Gluten-free and can easily be made vegan.
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped into ½-1 inch cubes
- ½ head small cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- ½ medium red onion, chopped into ~3 big chunks
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
- Diced avocado
- Juice of lime
- Chopped cilantro
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place your diced and chopped vegetables on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet. Pour the olive oil over the vegetables then toss, spreading the olive oil evenly on the vegetables. Sprinkle on the chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and toss again to distribute the seasonings. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, turning half way through. When done, remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool. Remove and dice the onion chunks into smaller pieces, then mix back in with the sweet potatoes and cauliflower.
- Meanwhile, bring the water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add in the quinoa and return to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer until tender and the liquid has been absorbed, approximately 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- To assemble the bowls, divide everything between 2 bowls starting with the quinoa on the bottom then the roasted vegetables and black beans. Top with desired additional toppings, such as avocado, lime juice, cilantro or plain Greek yogurt. Enjoy!
- If you end up with a little extra than can fit into two bowls, pack some away and reheat for lunch tomorrow!
Learn more about my 3 Month Energize Transformation program – Live More and Weigh Less without having to diet! Click here —> 3 Month Energize Transformation