Wow, can you believe it is 2011 already? What an amazing year 2010 was, it is crazy how quickly it flew by! Personally, I’ve had a fantastic year and I’m very blessed for all the opportunities that I have encountered, the friends I have met and the old ones who have come back into my life and most importantly my supportive family.
I’m excited to share with you some of my achievements over the past year – many of which I could have never accomplished without you!
- To start 2010 off, I had the greatest priledge to grace the Arnold Classic stage as a bikini athlete, an opportunity that many never experience.
- I was published 5 times this year in top fitness magazines including: Physique, Natural Muscle, Posedown and WBFF Fit and Firm.
- I was voted by fitness fans, friends and family as one of Status Fitness Magazine’s top 100 sexiest fitness model finalists.
- In June, I stepped a little out of my shy element by accepting an invite to the Playboy Mansion. It was an experience that I will never forget!
- I had the opportunity to work with some of the top photographers in the industry.
- To top my year off, I made a last minute decision (with only 5 short weeks to prep!) to compete at the OPA London Championships where I took third place earning a spot on the provincial stage in June 2011 at the Toronto Pro Super Show.
However, my proudest moment this year would be fulfilling my passion as a fitness expert. I helped many incredible people achieve their fitness and health goals and improve their lifestyles. I also coached fitness athletes and delivered their best figure and bikini physiques on the competitive stage. Through one-on-one training, group training, on-line training and two successful Butt Slayer boot camps (one in Whitby and one in Peterborough), I was inspired by all my incredible clients who were dedicated in achieving their personal best. By far, my most rewarding accomplishment this year!
Looking back, 2010 turned out to be a great year aside from my one and only mishap which unfortunately occurred just days before Christmas. Wanting to fulfill my more daring and free spirited side, I decided to go snowboarding with a good friend of mine. I must admit, I was getting the hang of the board and was starting to feel quite confident.
Taking my last run, I accidently caught my heel edge and literally went flying backwards down the hill landing on my right arm. OUCH! To make a long story short, I ended with a fractured arm in two places and a cast on for 4-6 weeks. So, needless to say my year ended with a little bad luck; however, I must admit I’m glad that I went out and braved the hill. You only live once right? For those who know me well – you know this has not slowed me down much as I’m still hitting the gym everyday and working around my injury and I feel great! After all…perseverance is the key to success.
Overall, I welcome 2011 with lots of enthusiasm! I have many exciting goals planned for the year and most importantly will be helping YOU achieve all your goals and dreams! The New Year will bring new promises, hopes, dreams and challenges. Bring on 2011…I’m ready!