Do you miss your morning oatmeal? This quick keto oatmeal recipe can be easily prepared in just five minutes.
PLUS….it’s sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and has zero oatmeal in it!
Sadly, oatmeal is not part of a ketogenic, paleo or AIP diets. The carbohydrate content of oatmeal is the most damaging in ketosis.
Typically, many people would eat a larger serving and add LOTS of goodies for flavour. It’s not uncommon for people to add brown sugar, bananas, syrup, chocolate chips, blueberries, or other accessories that blow the carbohydrate and calorie amount even higher.
With that being said, oatmeal is a delicious bowl of comfort in the morning. Here is a keto alternative that has the same texture and warmth of oatmeal without the carbs. YUM!
- 1/4 cup (30 g) almonds or other nuts, crushed
- 1/4 cup (48 g) chia seeds
- 1/4 cup (28 g) flax meal
- 1/2 cup (40 g) shredded coconut
- 1 cup (240ml) coconut milk, heated
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) vanilla extract
- Stevia to taste
- Top with berries (optional)
Mix everything together. Enjoy!