I made these BBQ chicken thighs for Mother’s Day dinner, as I’m a little bored with plain old chicken breasts. They were so tender and delicious and my company was raving about them! It was so easy to prepare and I made the sauce earlier that morning. All I had to do was season and just toss on the BBQ. Easy, nutritious and delicious! Let me know what you think =)
[separator style_type=”none” top_margin=”10″ bottom_margin=”10″ sep_color=”” icon=”” icon_circle=”” icon_circle_color=”” width=”” alignment=”center” class=”” id=””]
- 2lbs organic chicken thighs (6 thighs – I used skinless from my butcher)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Onion powder, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
For the Mustard Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 cup of chopped pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of whole grain mustard
- 2 heaping tablespoons of raw honey
- Season each chicken thigh with salt, garlic, onion powder and paprika.
- Preheat the grill and generously brush grill plates with oil or cooking spray. Reduce heat to medium and place chicken thighs with a smooth side up. Cover the grill and cook for 12-15 minutes. I rotated them once to make crisscross grill marks. Flip thighs over, then cover and cook for another 12-15 minutes, rotating once to make grill marks. Check for doneness by cutting the thicker part of the chicken. If juices run clear then its done. Remove from the grill and allow the chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- While chicken is on the BBQ (or you can prepare this ahead), place a medium saucepan over medium heat and coconut oil and pineapple chunks. Cook until pineapple has caramelized on all sides.
- Place pineapple, mustards and honey to a food processor or use a hand blender and puree until smooth.
- Top each chicken thigh with pineapple honey mustard. ENJOY!!