Servings: Serves 6
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 roasted chicken breasts, diced and set aside
- 4 to 5 cups arugula
- Black Bean & Mango Salsa
To warm tortillas: Place a tortilla on a gas stove, warming each side for approximately 20 seconds. Repeat for each wrap as it is being assembled.
Or, preheat oven to 325°. Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat for 15 minutes. Turn off oven and keep the tortillas warm until ready to use. Remove the tortillas from the oven and keep them covered until ready for use so they stay warm.
To assemble: Take 1 tortilla and place it on a warm plate. Spread 2 tablespoons of guacamole over the entire tortilla. Add 1/4 cup of chicken to lower third of tortilla. Add 3 tablespoons of black bean salsa and 6 to 10 arugula leaves.
Roll the tortilla over once and fold in the sides tightly to fold into a burrito. With the seam side down, place on your serving plate and cut diagonally with a sharp knife.
Serve with guacamole and black bean salsa! See guacamole recipe at www.karengallagher.ca
Black Bean & Mango Salsa
- 2 cans (15 oz.) low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped small
- ½ cup yellow pepper, chopped small
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped small
- 1 ripe mango, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
Put all the ingredients in a bowl and toss together well. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour or overnight.