I often get compliments on my skin and how it looks so youthful and have decided to share with you some of my anti-aging secrets! Watching my Mom as I grew up, I took notice as to how she cared for her forever-youthful skin and realized that less is more. Aside from great genetics (thanks Mom!!) I have learned that what I do from the inside out has really benefited the appearance of my skin especially as I age. As well, simply staying hydrated with lots of clean water and keeping protected from the harmful rays of the sun both help to prevent pre-mature ageing.
A few of my secrets to keeping a youthful appearance are; a balanced and healthy lifestyle, a clean diet filled with lots of colorful fruits and vegetables, lean proteins and healthy fats, and daily exercise. When it comes to cleansing and moisturizing I simply stick to products that have no harsh chemicals, sulfates, parabens, petrolatum, dyes or phthalates. I also use organic coconut oil as an all over body moisturizer to keep skin soft and glowing. However my one consistent supplement in which I swear by for anti-aging is Silica Gel.
What is Silica?
Silica is a mineral found in the earth’s crust. Naturally our bodies produce approximately 5 grams of silica making it an essential mineral for metabolic processes. Silica is essential for mineral absorption and for the production of antibodies and as well nature’s building block to healthier more radiant skin, nails, hair and bones. Unfortunately as we age, the concentration of silica in our bodies’ declines, which can lead to a tired and ageing appearance and as well, weakened bones.
Silica gel has been one of the main supplements I have been taking for the past 20 years to not only help with the appearance of my skin but as well my hair, nails and immune system. Here are just a few other benefits that Silica can offer:
- Silica helps to regenerate the skin
- Silica helps delay the aging process
- Strengthens hair with luster and suppleness
- Promotes elasticity and mobility of the joints and helps to reduce pain of rheumatism and osteoarthritis.
- Regulates blood circulation and strengthens blood vessels
- Reduces inflammation in the intestinal track
- Silica aids in the repair and maintenance of vital lung tissues and protecting them from pollution.
- Silica keeps bones strong and healthy
Other Anti-aging Skin Tips:
- Wear a sunscreen daily to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun
- Moisturize daily with products free of sulfates, parabens, petrolatum, dyes or phthalates.
- Cleanse with products free of sulfates, parabens, petrolatum, dyes or phthalates.
- Use warm water to cleanse – NEVER HOT WATER and finish with a few splashes of cold water
- Increase more colorful fruits and vegetables into your diet – more color equals higher vitamin C which will reduce skin damage caused by free radicals, Vitamin A which will aid in tissue repair
- Avoid junk food and sugars – sugar is know to break down collagen in skin
- Avoid alcohol – alcohol dehydrates the skin
- Exercise helps to increase circulation and provide nutrients to the skin
- Don’t smoke! Smoking decreases oxygenation which damages your collagen
- Drink LOTS of water. Water detoxifies and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by plumping the skin
- Never wear makeup to bed as it causes your pores to irritated and encourages pre mature aging