This list contains a simple guideline to clean eating and weight loss!
Choose Whole Foods Foods
- Fresh locally grown or organic fruits and vegetables – Choose in season
- Organic, hormone free meats
- Wild fish – avoid farm raised
- Healthy fats – coconut oil, olive oil, ghee, avocados, salt free nuts, seeds
- Organic or free run eggs
- Fresh herbs
- Drink Green tea or Matcha tea daily – Cold Green Tea during the summer is delicious! Make a liter and sip throughout the day.
- Drink approx. 2-3 litres of water per day (depending on your activity level)
- Drink herbal teas
Foods To Avoid
- Traditional Western diet
- Conventionally grown fruits and vegetables – try to choose organic and locally grown when ever possible
- White bread, pasta, baked goods etc…
- Sugars – ANY kind!!
- Processed and convenient foods – this includes fast food
- Red meat, raised industrially
- Oils rich in omega-6 fatty acids (corn, sunflower, safflower, soy) – choose coconut oil, olive oil, ghee, avocado oil, flax oil etc..
- Dairy products
- Eggs from industrial farming hens fed corn and soy beans – Choose organic and free range
- Meats that are not organic, grass fed and hormone free
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Unhealthy additives, preservatives, colourings
- Products labeled “low fat”, “low carb”, “low calorie”
Learn more about my Classic Whole Food Nutrition Plan – click HERE