Do you find that you love to snack more than you want to lose weight? Do you find that your snacking habits are adding too many extra calories to your diet and your waistline? Snacking doesn’t have to be this way. If you choose the right foods with the right nutrients, with the right amount of calories, you can increase your energy and even lose weight!
Choosing foods that are high in protein and fibre will help to fuel the growth of lean muscle tissue, boost your metabolism, increase calorie burn, improve digestion and prevent you from binging on high fatty foods and sugars.
While there is no specific food that will burn fat while you eat it, you can make smart choices based on these simple ingredients that will help your body be more efficient and for you to feel your best.
When you are choosing a snack I would recommend it to be less than 200 calories, with 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fibre.
Here are 20 of my favourite go to fat burning snacks:
- 1 Medium apple with 15 unsalted almonds
- 1 protein shake with ½ cup berries mixed with water
- 1/2 cup hummus with mixed chopped vegetables
- 1 medium apple with 1 tablespoon of natural organic almond or cashew butter
- 12 almonds with ½ cup blackberries
- 2-3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 7 walnuts with 1 piece of fruit
- Mix ½ cup Liberte Organic Plain Yogurt, ½ scoop whey protein isolate, 3 walnuts and ¼ cup raspberries or blueberries
- ½ cup low-fat Ricotta cheese topped with 10 medium sliced strawberries and 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseeds or Chia seeds
- 3 hard boiled eggs with yolks scooped out and fill with 2 tablespoons of mashed avocado
- ½ cup papaya with ½ cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- ½ avocado filled with low fat cottage cheese
- 2 boiled eggs with chopped veggie sticks like celery, cucumber and red pepper
- Puree ¼ cup Greek style plain yogurt, ¼ cup 1 % cottage cheese, ½ cup strawberries, ½ tsp honey, 1/8 tsp cinnamon.
- 10 red grapes with ¼ cup non-salted cashews
- 1 cup cubed papaya with ½ cup Greek style Plain yogurt
- 1 cup raw snow peas dipped in 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 cup blackberries with 10 pecans halves
- 1 celery stalk with 2 tablespoons of natural organic almond butter
- Quest Bar