Surprisingly, peas are considered little powerhouses of nutrition that boost your health. Green peas are a very good source of vitamin K, manganese, dietary fiber, vitamin B1, copper, vitamin C, phosphorus, and folate. They are also a good source of vitamin B6, niacin, vitamin B2, molybdenum, zinc, protein, magnesium, iron, potassium, and choline. All that in one little pea! Some of the other incredible health benefits that this tasty little powerfood offers are:
- Weight management
- Aids in cancer prevention
- Anti-aging prevention
- Helps to boost immunity
- Prevention of Alzheimer’s, arthritis, bronchitis, osteoporosis and candida
- Helps to regulate blood sugar
- ½ pound fresh English peas or frozen organic peas
- 1 clove fresh garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a medium sauce pot and add salt to the water. Have a bowl with half ice cubes and half water ready to shock the peas. Add the peas to the boiling water and cook until tender, approximately 4 minutes.
- Remove from boiling water and place peas in the ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and add peas to a food processor and pulse a couple of times until combined.
- Add in chopped garlic and pulse to combine.
- Continue to pulse the mixture and drizzle in the olive oil.
- Add in fresh herbs, salt & pepper. Lightly pulse until blended.
- Remove from processor and keep chilled.
- Serve with Maple Cilantro Salmon. Enjoy!