Skewering fresh cherry tomatoes and mozzarella balls is a delicious and healthy appetizer that is easy to make and party ready in less than 30 minutes. These nutritious and fun to eat tomato-basil skewers, are loaded with calcium and vitamin C. Next time you are entertaining, keep it simple and tasty with these quick apps!
- • 20 grape or cherry tomatoes
• 20 fresh basil leaves
• 20 small balls fresh mozzarella cheese (often labeled bocconcini)
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 20 toothpicks
- Using a toothpick, spear a cherry tomato, a leaf of basil, and a mozzarella ball. Repeat with remaining.
- Place on a serving platter and sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper. Mix the vinegar and oil together in a small bowl to serve as dipping sauce or drizzle over skewers. ENJOY!