The BEST healthy, homemade crunch bars recipe that tastes BETTER than the actual candy bar! 5 ingredients, and only takes 5 minutes – Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-free.
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal (I use Made Good)
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
- 1 cup natural peanut butter can substitute any nut or seed butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil can sub for grass fed butter
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish or deep baking tray of choice with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add crispy rice cereal into a large mixing bowl and set aside. In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, combine all your other ingredients and heat until melted. Remove from microwave/off stove and whisk until completely incorporated.
- Pour the chocolate/peanut butter mixture over the crispy rice cereal and mix until combined. Pour into the lined baking dish and refrigerate until firm (at least an hour).
- Remove and cut into bars.
TO FREEZE: Wrap individual bars in parchment paper and place them in ziplock bags. They will freeze well for up to 6 months.