The best part about this recipe are the rich and creamy avocados! Avocados are full of healthy fats that lower cholesterol. They are also higher in protein then most other fruits, with an average of 4 grams per avocado. They have less sugar than other fruits, lots of great nutrients and are high in fibre.
Add dark chocolate to this super food and you have a healthy, gluten free, Paleo treat! Not only does dark chocolate have less sugar than other chocolates, it is also full of antioxidants and fibre. Together avocados and chocolate make a delicious combo!
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- ¾ cup dark chocolate, melted
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Cocoa powder for coating
1. Melt dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mash avocado. When chocolate is smooth, pour into mashed avocado and stir together. Add in vanilla and cinnamon.
3. Combine ingredients until smooth. Place in refrigerator for about a half hour until cooled and hardened. Scoop into 10-12 balls and roll until smooth.
4. Roll each ball in cocoa powder and serve.