You might be tempted to save beef filet for special occasions, but this low-fat cut is actually perfect weekday fare: it cooks up fast, stays juicy and carries other flavors perfectly. The kebabs are a wonderful mix of lemon, herbs and fresh vegetables.
4 servings | Active Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, stemmed
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 pound filet mignon steak, 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick, cut into 4 pieces
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade in a small bowl. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini and onion to the remaining marinade; toss well to coat. Thread the vegetables onto eight 10-inch skewers. Drizzle the vegetables and steak with the reserved marinade.
- Grill the steak 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium. Grill the vegetable kebabs, turning frequently, until tender and lightly charred, 8 to 12 minutes total. Remove the vegetables from the skewers and serve with the steak.
Per serving : 291 Calories; 17 g Fat; 4 g Sat; 9 g Mono; 70 mg Cholesterol; 10 g Carbohydrates; 27 g Protein; 3 g Fiber; 363 mg Sodium; 529 mg Potassium