Considered one of the world’s healthiest foods, salmon provides an abundance of important nutrients. Salmon is an excellent source of vitamin B12, vitamin D, and selenium. It is a good source of niacin, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, phosphorus, and vitamin B6. Some other incredible health benefits are:
- Excellent source of vitamins, proteins, minerals & healthy fats
- Helps to maintain insulin levels in your body & improving metabolism
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Improves memory and efficiency of brain functions
- Helps to prevent macular degeneration & loss of vision
- Reduces the risks of certain cancers
- Aids in maintaining healthy skin and hair
1/4 cup Pure Maple syrup
1 bunch of fresh cilantro chopped (I use approximately a handful)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
3 garlic cloves minced
4 salmon filets
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Mix syrup, cilantro, lemon and garlic together in a small bowl.
3. Place salmon and syrup mixture in a zip lock bag and marinate for 1 hour or over night.
4. Place salmon on baking dish lightly covered in cooking spray and cover.
5. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 F. Then uncover and broil for 5 minutes.