Almond Joy Bars
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup melted ghee or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
For the coconut layer
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate layer
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 16 almonds (or more depending on how many squares you’d like to make)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish and line with parchment paper (this will help with removal to cut the squares later). Add all ingredients for the crust into a food processor and pulse until completely combine. The dough should mix into a slight ball once combined. Put dough in a pan and use your fingers to press dough around evenly throughout the pan. Poke holes with a fork in the dough to keep it from rising in the oven. Bake crust for 20 minutes, until golden brown. Remove then let crust cool.
- Place all the ingredients for the coconut layer in a food processor and pulse until coconut becomes fine and completely combined. Spread coconut layer on top of crust and spread evenly throughout. Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. Pour melted chocolate over coconut layer and use a spoon to smooth throughout. Place the almonds throughout the chocolate layer then place in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden the chocolate.
- Once hardened, bring to room temperature before cutting into squares then serve up. They are definitely better at room temperature when the chocolate has softened up a bit!
Do you need more accountability with your health and fitness goals? To learn more about my on line and VIP program click here >>>> Train With Karen