Let’s face it, smooth skin and a clear complexion can help you look years younger! In addition to taking care of your skin externally, eating a diet rich in nutrients will help to keep it looking its best year round. There are many super foods that will help keep your skin looking firm and fresh.
Foods that are rich in antioxidants help prevent premature aging and can enhance the look of your skin. You want to fill your plate up with fresh fruits, vegetables and healthy fats rich in omega – 3 fatty acids to keep your skin glowing.
Before adding or increasing your intake of these beauty foods it is important to first eliminate the foods that are major agers. A diet lacking in nutrients causes inflammation, which can trigger oxidization and in turn damages collagen leaving your skin looking tired and wrinkled. Eliminating processed foods, sugars, dairy, gluten and artificial sweeteners will help to leave your skin looking beautiful.
Try to add at least 2-4 of these top high antioxidant foods to your diet today….
- Salmon – contains Omega 3 fatty acids and helps to keep your skin elastic, wrinkle free and glowing.
- Oysters – are high in zinc, which helps to build collagen and improve the quality of your skin, nails and hair.
- Blueberries – helps with the reconstruction of your body cells and veins, as well as provides you with antioxidants.
- Kiwi fruit – an excellent source of Vitamin C and potassium, necessary for glowing skin.
- Avocado – contain a high source of biotin and B vitamins that help to prevent dry skin and brittle hair.
- Walnuts – rich in Omega 3 acids and improve our skin quality.
- Spinach – contains high amounts of beta-carotene, protects your eyes and skin against aging.
- Beets – The powerful antioxidants found in beets stimulate cell production and repair, which helps to keep your skin firm and youthful.
- Green Tea – contains powerful antioxidants that can help reduce the signs of aging
- Low fat Greek yogurt – an excellent source of calcium, which ensures health of your teeth, hair and nails.
- Sweet potatoes – rich in beta-carotene and helps to smoothen our skin.
- Dark chocolate – rich in useful antioxidants.