▪ 3 tablespoons lemon juice
▪ 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
▪ 1 garlic clove, finely minced or crushed
▪ 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
▪ 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
▪ 4 cups finely chopped Tuscan kale, ribs removed (this is about 4 ounces of kale)
▪ 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
▪ 2/3 cup dried cranberries, such as Craisins, soaked in boiling water to hydrate
▪ 1 cup edamame beans, cooked and cooled
▪ A few carrot shreds
▪ Garnish: Cherry Tomatoes and crumbled goat cheese
1. Add all dressing ingredients to a large salad bowl and whisk until combined.
2. Into the bowl throw the chopped kale, chickpeas, cranberries and edamame.
3. Mince a handful of mint and a handful of basil leaves and toss them in, along
with carrot shreds.
4. Toss salad well to combine, and garnish with cherry tomatoes and crumbled goat cheese.
Serves 6 as a side salad, or 2-3 as a main dish.