Here is a simple breakdown of the exercise after a couple of weeks of practice. Like many beginners, I started “swinging” on the bar for momentum. In order to do this exercise properly many muscles come into action to keep the body under control.
The key points to emphasize here are midline control, scapular strength and stability throughout the movement, and a controlled, fluid descent.
I’m a VERY beginner and just learning but with time I hope to master this technique so I can perform more athletic movements.
Why Do Kipping?
- Muscular Stamina and Grip Endurance
- Sport Specific Skill
- Total Body Integrated Movement
Of course injury can occur if not done properly and when the athlete is not ready, however there are still numerous benefits to the movement. You must determine the purpose of the kipping pull-up in your movement, rather than simply doing it to do it. Movements like strict pull-ups, scapular stability, and functional strengthening exercises must occur before an individual can progress to more ballistic and demanding exercises.
Challenges are what keeps us growing….Always a work in progress!
Grilling made simple and full of flavour!
Super simple to make, gluten free, and fits into the Paleo diet! Best part is it packs a huge punch of flavour!
The Grilled Flank Steak is nice and simple, just salt and pepper to season. The flavour comes from the avocado chimichurri! It is packed with fresh herbs, lime juice, tangy vinegar, and some heat from the red pepper flakes. With the avocados as the creamy base it is Delish!!
Enjoy this BBQ favourite!
GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH AVOCADO CHIMICHURRI
- 2-3 lb flank steak
- salt & pepper to season
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 avocados, diced
- Heat grill to medium high or 400 degrees.
- To a food processor add, cilantro, oregano, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In add small bowl add diced avocado and blended chimichurri sauce. Lightly toss to coat, be careful not to mush the avocado. (you want them to remain diced)
- Season a room temperature flank steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place steak on grill and cook for 4-6 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill, let sit for 2-3 minutes. Slice steak.
- Serve with avocado chimichurri sauce
Need help keeping on track with your fitness goals this summer? Learn more about my VIP Coaching program.