This week’s recipe is one of my favourite go to meals…Quinoa Power Bowl. It is absolutely delicious and packed full of nutrients and LIVE foods!
- 1 cup sweet potato, cut into 1″ pieces
- ¼ cup beets, grated
- ¼ cup carrots, grated
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 cups kale and mixed greens of choice
- ⅔ cup chickpeas
- ¼ of an avocado, sliced
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1 Tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
- 4 oz grilled chicken cubed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add sweet potatoes to a steamer basket and steam until almost fully cooked, about 15 minutes. Add broccoli and steam until everything is cooked, another 2 – 3 minutes. **You may also bake the sweet potato.
- While vegetables are cooking, toss chickpeas with paprika, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Transfer vegetables to large bowl and arrange as desired. Add quinoa, chicken, chickpeas, beets, carrots, avocado, pumpkin seeds and hummus.
- Drizzle with garlic and olive oil dressing, toss together and enjoy!