I know eggnog is one of those treats that you either love it or you hate it, but I just love it! There is nothing like sipping on a thick, creamy, luscious glass of spicy goodness, by the glow of the Christmas lights, and snuggled up by the fireplace. Since many of us try to avoid dairy and excess sugar these days, this simple homemade recipe is a holiday favourite!
This thick and creamy, vegan Christmas nog is absolutely delicious made with homemade almond milk (see recipe). Don’t skip on the freshly ground spices, they simply make this homemade nog so yummy!
Healing Ingredients: avocado, coconut milk, lemon juice, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves
Yield: 6 cups
- 1/2 large avocado, pitted and frozen
- 1 large banana, peeled and frozen
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk (400ml), chilled in fridge
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 5 cups almond milk (see recipe)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1-3 tsp. ground nutmeg (to taste, add gradually)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8th tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Pit and freeze the 1/2 of an avocado and peel and freeze the large banana prior to making this recipe.
- Add the liquid ingredients into a blender and blend for about 10 seconds to mix. Now add in your frozen and dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust spices and liquids if necessary. You can adapt it to how you’d like it! Serve with a cinnamon stick & enjoy!
Note: This will not keep long, so make it just prior to serving and serve immediately, very cold!