Delicious Chocolatey Brownie Bites, what is there NOT to love!
No-bake, gluten and dairy free and just 10 minutes to make!
Perfect for a quick snack or post workout!
Cashews give these brownie bites such a creamy decadent flavour and texture. They won’t last long at your house so I’m warning you now – double up your batch!
Cashews naturally contain healthy fat, protein, and antioxidants. So besides being an EXCELLENT healthy snack choice, this combination actually helps to manage cravings and feeling satisfied.
Cacao vs Cocoa… What is the difference?
Although they are both completely interchangeable in recipes, what makes them different is how they are processed.
Cacao is the purest form of chocolate. It’s an excellent source of antioxidants and has a high amount of flavonoids. Cacao is higher in protein, fiber, magnesium and iron than its cousin cocoa.
If all you have on hand is cocoa powder, then that’s fine to use.
When you have a choice at the grocery store, reach for the lesser processed raw cacao to take advantage of its awesome health benefits in all of your homemade treats!
Makes 12 balls, 6 servings (2 balls per serving)
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup raw cacoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder for dusting
- Soak the dates in 1 cup of hot water and let sit for 10 minutes or until they are soft enough to remove the pit by hand.
- Drain the water then remove the pits.
- Add your cashews to a high speed food processor and pulse until fine, but not overly processed because then you will create butter.
- Add in the dates, cacao powder, vanilla and sea salt, then continue to pulse until the mixture is sticky and forms into a ball; Stop and scrape down the sides of the blender with your spatula to make sure all of the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Scoop the mixture by heaping Tablespoons (I used a cookie scoop) and roll between your hands to form 1-inch balls as shown.
- If desired, roll the balls in cacao powder or fine coconut flakes to coat on all sides.
- Place your brownie balls in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to set.
- Serve and Enjoy!
You can store sealed in the fridge for up to 10 days or the freezer for up to 2 months. BUT I promise you that they will not last!