What is there not to love about peanut butter and chocolate? The two together are absolutely sinful and hit that sweet and salty spot every time! These creamy, easy to make bite site treats are sugar free, dairy free and gluten free so you don’t feel quite as guilty. Perfect for sharing over the holidays or maybe keeping all to yourself!
• 1 cup natural/organic peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
• 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
• 2-3 tablespoons coconut flour
• 6 tablespoons gluten-free rice cereal
• 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
• 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
• Himalayan Sea Salt
1. In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter and maple syrup vigorously, until it thickens up.
2. Stir in the coconut flour until combined. Depending on how creamy the peanut butter is you may have to adjust this. You want a texture that isn’t too sticky, but not too dry either. Allow to sit for a couple minutes to firm up.
3. Shape into small balls and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
4. In a small pot, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil and heat over low heat, stirring frequently until chocolate chips have melted and texture is smooth.
5. With a toothpick, dip the balls into the melted chocolate. Tap off excess chocolate on the side of the pot and place the ball on the cookie sheet. Repeat for the rest. Reserve any leftover melted chocolate for later.
6. Place balls in the freezer for around 6-8 minutes until firm.
7. Dip a fork into the leftover melted chocolate and drizzle it on top of the balls to create a design. Sprinkle with Himalayan salt.
8. Freeze the balls for another 10-15 minutes, until the chocolate is completely set.