One of the most important things I have learned over the years as a trainer and lifestyle coach is that taking care of yourself physically through fitness and nutrition will also help to keep your relationship healthy.
I believe that the one thing that humans crave most is to love and to be loved. However for us to experience love, we first need to be a version of our best selves inside and out.
Sometimes as we age we develop anxieties, fears, and feelings of discomfort from our past that it prevents us from being able to connect on a deeper level. If you find that you feel moments of emptiness with your partner, you may need to take a step back from your relationship to focus on YOU. Being in a healthy relationship starts with you first being healthy in mind, body and spirit.
Here are 5 tips to how fitness and maintaining a healthy lifestyle will improve your relationship:
1. Love Yourself. You have to love your self before you can love others. You must have the feeling of self-confidence and worth before you can contribute to a healthy relationship. When you start to respect and love yourself, your partner will do the same.
2. Workout together. When couples workout together they stay motivated and it strengthens the bond between each other. Most couples never truly understand what they are missing by leading an active lifestyle together. Many couples waste many hours watching TV, when they can be taking hikes, going for a run or going to the gym together.
3. Couples who are Healthy Together Stay Together. It can be challenging in a relationship if one partner is healthy and fit and the other is sedentary and over weight. The lifestyles are so different. By working out and eating the right foods, you will both develop self-confidence and self-worth, which can contribute to a healthy relationship.
4. Healthy Body, Healthy Sex Drive! The lack of exercise and a poor nutrition will definitely destroy your sex drive for both women and men. This can easily be changed dramatically by avoiding processed foods, junk food, fatty fast food, preservatives, and sugars. Not only will you feel more confident but also you will have more energy and stamina.
5. Increased Energy. One of the reasons why couples find it challenging to spend time together is because they have very little energy. By losing weight and eating healthier it will give you the energy you had as a teenager.
Being healthy is not just for you, it’s for the benefits of others close to you as well. There have been several relationships that could have been saved by living a healthier lifestyle. Don’t let your relationship fizzle out because of sheer laziness and lack of self-love.
Want to make a delicious clean treat for your sweetheart this Valentines? Try my Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Blondie Bars..http://karen-gallagher.com/chocolate-chunk-almond-butter-blondies/