This is such a delicious salad. I know, you are looking at that ingredients thinking…what?! Trust me on this one! Raw sweet potatoes never tasted so good! This salad recipe comes from my Culinary Nutrition Coach Meghan Telpner’s cookbook The Undiet Cookbook. You will find delicious and easy to follow recipes, and loads of useful nutritional information in her cookbook.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
1/2 cup dry arame seaweed
3/4 cup water
1 large sweet potato
1 green apple
1 celery stalk
1/4 cup sesame seeds, (toasted)
Sweet Ginger Dressing
1/2 cup cup fresh lemon juice
3 Tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos
3 Tablespoons olive oil, flax oil or hemp
2 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup
1-2 Tablespoons grated ginger (more or less depending on your taste)
How to make Sweet Potato Salad
- Rinse 1/2 cup arame and soak it in 3/4 cup water ten minutes to soften. Set a side.
- Grate 1 large sweet potato, cut 1 green apple into matchstick-cut, slice 1 celery stalk add together.
- Discard water from seaweed and add the seaweed to sweet potato along with 1/4 cup sesame seeds.
- Sweet Ginger Dressing: Whisk together 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, 3 Tablespoons Tamari or coconut aminos, 3 Tablespoons oil, 2 Tablespoons honey or syrup, 2 Tablespoons grated ginger.
- Mix dressing to salad and enjoy!
Learn more about my 4 Week Kick Start Nutrition Coaching Program!