Goal-setting is an essential and powerful tool for everyone who wants to achieve their ambitions and desires and to create the inspired life they dream of! Setting goals can help you focus on what’s most important, increase your effort and motivation to stick with your plan, consider new strategies regarding how to accomplish your goals and help you track your progress.
As we all know, setting goals is the easy part, executing and achieving them is the biggest challenge. I’m here to inspire and empower you to think more authentically and to identify steps to achieve and live the life you dream of. Whether you want to have amazing relationships with yourself, your partner, friends, family and coworkers, to embrace your ideal physique, to improve your health and create balance, to find a career that inspires you daily or to pick up the pieces of a broken life I’m here to help empower you and reveal your happiness and confidence.
Three Simple Steps to Achieving Your Goals
Create your big “picture” of how you see your life. How do you want to feel? How do you want to look? Who will be the people involved? Think of the largest goals you would like to achieve in your lifetime. This will give you the overall picture and will guide you with the decisions you will be making in the near future.
Think of the following 10 areas of your life in which you would like to set goals and take the time to brainstorm what you genuinely want to achieve.
2) Career – What do you want to achieve in your career?
3) Family – How do you want to best spend your time with family? Do you want a family? If so, how do you see yourself as a parent?
4) Life Outlook (Spirituality)– How do you see life? Is the glass half empty or half full? What is your attitude on life? How would you like to improve?
5) Romance – Who are your social connections? Do you plan time with a significant other? Are your connections becoming stronger?
6) Pleasure/Hobbies – How do you want to enjoy your life? What makes you happy?
7) Education/Personal Development – What skills and education do you need to grow and to achieve these goals?
8) Environment – How do you want your living and working space to feel? Is it comfortable and organized?
9) Finances – Do you have a financial plan for the future? Are you refinances organized? Do you have debt that you want to pay off?
10) Mental Well Being – Are you mentally balanced? Do you have anger or anxiety that you need to balance? Do you feel a sense of peace?
After you have created your lifetime goals you need to break these down to smaller goals that will help you achieve the larger goals in life. Start by setting a 5-year plan, 1 year, monthly, weekly and daily to help you achieve these goals. Then once you have done this create a checklist of what you want to achieve each month, week and day to work towards these lifetime achievements.
Fitness & Health – Run a Marathon and feel Healthy!
1 Year Goal: Successfully complete a marathon and feel fit and healthy!
6 month Goal: Plan a 10 K race
3 month Goal: Run 5 km without stopping
1-Month Goal: Incorporate a consistent training and running program into my daily/weekly routine
1 Week Goal: Speak with a qualified trainer to help set out goals and training required to accomplish a marathon.
5-Year Goal: Become Account Manager
1 Year Goal: Volunteer for projects that the account director and manager are organizing.
6 Month Goal: Take courses that are required for the position and that will build my business and sales skills.
1 Month Goal: Talk to the current manager to determine the skills and experience needed for this position.
1 Week Goal: Book a meeting with my account manager.
Be sure that you review your plan on a daily basis to make sure that it suits your current life and that it is realistic in accomplishing.
Once you have your plan in place it is time to take the necessary steps to achieve these goals. It is also important to review your goals and steps that you have planned out on a daily basis and to make adjustments as you progress. Ask yourself; what works? What does not work? How can I improve my progression?
One of the most effective tools to help achieve your goals realistically is by following the SMART mnemonic. By learning how to set your goals based on the SMART method can make the difference between failure and success!
S – Specific – Set goals that are well defined and focused. Have a deadline and be specific as to what you need to achieve.
M – Measurable – Know the completion date of your goal and measure your progress to be sure that you are on track
A – Attainable – Goals must be realistic and attainable
R – Relevant – Your goals must be an important tool in the larger “picture” of reaching your vision.
T – Time Bound – Goals must have starting points and ending points. Deadlines will help you keep focused on your efforts before the due date.
• Create specific, measurable goals
• Set both long- and short-term goals
• Set positive, not negative goals
• Make goals moderately difficult – they should push you out of your comfort zone
• Create target dates to achieve goals
• Create strategies to achieve goals
• Write down your goals and make them visible on a daily basis
• Share goals publicly (trainers, family members, mentors) to obtain support from others
• Track goal progress and being flexible in changing goals, if needed
If you haven’t already been setting goals for your future, today is the best day to start! As you make this technique a part of your life you will be amazed at how easy it gets and most importantly what you are capable of achieving whether it is with health & fitness, career or relationships.
Melt fat fast with my 12 Week Transformation Program! I will help you transform your body, burn body fat, build strength, decrease cravings, improve your nutrition and completely change your health & fitness so you FEEL FABULOUS! Learn More